All Clinical externship hours will now be submitted electronically using the timesheet application. You can access the app through a web browser on a computer or a mobile device (you do not need to install anything on your mobile device)
direct link: http://bit.ly/myclinical
Logging in the First Time
1. Get your Access Code: Log into Moodle and navigate to your current clinical course. You must be enrolled in a clinical course without a final grade to submit timesheets.
Note: If you use the Moodle Mobile App (the app downloaded onto your mobile device); you can't see the TimeSheet Block. Instead, you'll need to use your web browser to navigate to my.cbd.edu to login and navigate to your clinical course. Then, follow the instructions below.
Click the red arrow on the right side to expand the drawer. Locate the Timesheet App Access Code block and copy or write down your code.
2. Click the link in the block to open the web Timesheet App in your browser. Enter your name, email and access code. Click Submit.
Note: The next time you open the app, you will not be prompted to enter your access code. You will need to enter your code again if you use another browser or device.
You will submit your timesheet at the end of the week, after you have worked all of your scheduled hours. Keep track of your hours throughout the week in a separate place; the app will not save your hours unless the entire form is completed, signed, and submitted.
1. Click the red plus button (+) in the lower right.
2. Select the Clinical Site (you may have more than 1) and the Monday the week you are reporting. For each day worked, enter the total number of hours for the day, excluding breaks.
3. After you enter your total hours, hand the device to your supervisor (your supervisor must be approved by your program to sign your timesheets). Your supervisor must complete the second section and sign before you can submit.
Reviewing Your Timecard Records
After you have submitted hours, you will see your previous timesheets listed, with your total hours at the top next to your name. You can click the timesheet to see the form you submitted.
You may not edit or delete previous timesheets. If you need to correct an error, click the Request Adjustments button at the bottom right and fill out the form. .
Offline Access - Download AppSheet to Your Device
If you don't have reliable cellular or wifi signal at your clinical location, you may not be able to submit your hours using your device's browser as described above. You will need to download the application to your device, which will enable you to fill out your timesheet and get supervisor approval while you are out of range, then submit the timesheet once cellular or wifi signal is available again.
1. While you have a signal: Open the timesheet page in your browser, tap the hamburger icon to see the left menu and select Offline Mode. On the next screen, click the follow link icon and then Open. Install AppSheet on your device and open. Log in as usual.
2. When you are out of range: Open the AppSheet app, fill in your hours and get your supervisor's signature. Press Submit. When you see the Network Error message, click Cancel.
On the Timesheet screen, you will see a red notification on the Refresh button.
3. When you have a signal again: Open the AppSheet app and click the refresh button with the notification to submit your hours. Once synced, the notification will disappear.
Where do I find my access code?
Your access code is in the right-side drawer in each of your clinical courses in Moodle.
Can I use more than one device to enter timesheets?
Yes, your data will sync across computers and mobile devices. However, the first time you use a new device, you will be required to enter your access code.
How do I download the app?
You don't need to download anything; this is a web app that runs in browsers only. It can be accessed through a web browser on any computer or mobile device. (Exception: If your clinical site does not have reliable cellular or wifi, see the "Offline Access" section above.)
How do I get help if I have a technical issue?
In Moodle, use the Help button in the lower left of the window to file a support ticket. Give a detailed description of what you are trying to do and what you're seeing.