New Template System
In Moodle 2, each course has a “Template," a master version of the course from which all new courses are copied. Each course is copied from the Template to the upcoming Live course 7 days before the module begins.
What's Changing?You and your PDs have the ability to maintain your own Templates, the master version of each course. This means that
- Courses will no longer be copied from the last time they were taught, and are not copied on demand. Instructors do not need to request course copies or gradebook changes.
- Instructors and PDs are capable of maintaining each courses' Template to reflect the master version of the course.
- Each template must be kept up to date in order for changes to be copied to the new live courses. Changes made in live courses are NOT automatically synced with templates. For a change to appear in the next cohort’s class, it must be made in the template. All changes to the Template must be final 7 days before the course begins, or will not appear in the Live version.
- Instructors can make changes to a single class (e.g. editing an assignment, adding/removing a quiz, changing weekly schedule) without it becoming a permanent part of that course.
- Program Directors and Coordinators have access to every Template in their program, and are responsible for overseeing template management and maintenance. PDs may enroll instructors in templates to delegate updates
- PDs and PCs will have access to the Gradebook Setup in each Template. Instructors' requests for gradebook changes should go directly to the PD, not to Kristen or Moodle Support.