SIMnet is a simulation tool that allows you to complete your coursework in a web browser without needing a license for the Microsoft Office suite on your computer. In SIMnet, you'll find your Knowledge Checks, Weekly Quizzes, Exams, as well as guided Exercises.
Your Coursework in SIMnet
- Knowledge Checks: short multiple choice questions based on your ebook reading
- Exercises: guided lessons that walk you through the steps of each required skill, then practice what you've learned
- Weekly Quizzes: simulations that allow you to demonstrate each skill without guidance.
- Exams: simulations that assess your knowledge of the most important skills for each Microsoft Office application
1. Log into Moodle and navigate to your CIS course. In the top section, click the link for SIMnet
2. The first time, you'll be prompted to accept the Terms of Service.
On the next page, click the SimNet button to continue.
3. Create an new account using the email address you used to log into Moodle.
Use the same email address for all three fields
After login, you will see your SIMnet Home Screen.
4. Set your password. In the upper right navigation, click your name to access your Profile page. Enter your desired password and click Change Password.
5. Return to the home screen by clicking the SIMnet logo in the upper left.
Your Knowledge Checks, Exercises, and Exams and will display in the Class Home as they open week-by-week.
Your e-book can be reached from the links in the Research section in Moodle, or by clicking Library in SIMnet